“A chasuble is the outermost liturgical vestment worn by clergy for the celebration of the Eucharist in Western-tradition Christian churches that use full vestments, primarily in Roman Catholic, Anglican, and Lutheran churches.“
All of my Chasubles are designed, cut out by hand & embroidered with my trusty Bernina sewing machine or by hand, using the finest dupion silks and cottons. I design each chasuble to incorporate the symbols and religious iconography of your choosing. I love the process of talking through ideas & trying to come up with something new, unique and exciting, that fulfils your vision. From everyday chasubles to intricate one off designs for special occasions, such as ordinations, I’ll design a unique chasuble just for you.
Take a look at some of my recent commissions below, if you’d like to talk to me about a commission please click below to send me a message.
From my Blog
- Green Eucharist ChasubleSorry I haven't published anything for a while & then you get two together. This chasuble was commissioned by my sister to partner her green stole. It features the same … Read more
- A very proud momentThese last few photos are of Alex wearing her chasuble, I hope she doesn't mind me sharing them! I have been so pleased to have been asked to make it for … Read more
- And it is finished!I have had to hold off on completing this blog as I was asked by Alex not to post pictures of her chasuble until after her 'priesting' and her first … Read more
- Outlines and fishOutlining with a red zig-zag stitch really highlights all the different shapes. Unfortunately the photos don't show how jewel like the colours actually are in reality. And they are done, … Read more
- Orphrey nice to see you!I am well on my way now, both the front and back orphrey's are nearly complete. Just the gold leather work to do on the fish, then make up the … Read more
- Developing the designWell almost there, still a few tweaks when I know the exact length of the orphrey. I have a feeling they are currently too long. This is the bit I like, … Read more